What is being taught?
Graduates in Tourism major acquire knowledge at macro and micro-level about the specifics of domestic and international tourism, hotel and restaurant management, tourist markets, tourist resources, tour operator companies, types of tourism, etc.
Specialized knowledge is acquired in the following subjects:
- Introduction into Tourism
- Hotel Management
- Tourist Resources
- Tourist Markets
- Law in Tourism
- Restaurant Management
- Sociology and Psychology in Tourism
- Travel Agencies and Transportation in Tourism
- Hotel Service Technology
- E-business in Tourism
- Geography of Tourism
- Marketing Communications in Tourism
- Culture and Civilization
- Human Resources Management in Tourism
- Contemporary Types of Tourism
- Travel Agencies and Transportation Service Technology
- Restaurant Service Technology
- Tourism Management
- Tour Guiding
- Customers Care
- Conjuncture and Market Policy in Tourism
- Linguistic Training in English, German, French and Russian languages
Graduates are awarded a Bachelor's degree with a major in "Tourism".
Employment opportunities upon Graduation:
Graduates may find employment as:
- managers and associates in hotel and restaurant businesses and travel agencies;
- managers and associates in marketing, advertising and public relations;
- human resources management in tourism;
The core department is the Department of "Economics and Organization of Tourism". Members of faculty are well-reputed academics and consultants in the areas of tourism and business environment.
Head of Department – Prof. Tanya Dabeva Filipova, PhD
The maximum score for application in "Tourism" Major is 24.