Construction Business and Entrepreneurship, Bachelor’s Degree
Students majoring in "Construction Business and Entrepreneurship", Bachelor's degree, gain a large range of expertise in the course of their studies. Recently graduated students can find employment at managerial and expert positions related to the economics and construction business management; the organization, planning, reporting and supervision of activities of civil engineering companies; investment management; municipal economy territorial structure and management; banks and insurance companies. They can also start and develop their own business in construction and civil engineering entrepreneurship, etc.
Special subjects studied are:
- Fundamentals of the Construction Business;
- Constructional Engineering and Technologies;
- Investment Management;
- Civil Engineering Pricing;
- Spatial Planning;
- Urban Studies and Development
- Construction Company Management;
- Utilities and Town Planning;
- Local Government and Self-Government;
- Human Resources Management;
- Construction Business Financing;
- Construction Logistics;
- Construction Innovations;
- Business Evaluation;
- Construction Tenders, etc.
Students graduate by defending a thesis or sit for a comprehensive state examination and at positive results graduates receive a diploma and are awarded a Bachelor's degree in Economics with a major in "Construction Business and Entrepreneurship".
Employability upon Graduation:
Graduates possess skills to start their own business in the construction sector or they can successfully be employed in construction companies, licensed consulting firms, design offices, investment companies, banks, companies investing in real estate, insurance companies, pension funds, state, municipal and judicial administrations, non-governmental organizations in the following positions:
- company managers; department managers; division managers, etc.;
- analysts at directorates, departments, divisions, etc.;
- secondary school teachers or university lecturers;
- secondary school teachers or licensed education centre teachers;
- experts in companies, departments, units, etc.;
- investment control specialists in companies;
- economist construction in companies, state and municipal authorities;
- consultants in investment project management companies;
- licensed property evaluators at banks, insurance companies or agencies (upon receipt of license from an authorized body) and others.
Who is going to train you?
The Department of "Economics and Management of Construction" is in charge of the students training. Department Lecturers are well established in the scientific, teaching and consulting environments.