By the decision of the Academic Council of the University of Economics – Varna in 2014 the current "Accounting and Control" programme, accredited with a very high score at the university and having more than 90 years of experience and training graduates in accounting, auditing and financial accounting analysis, has acquired a new look, content and name and two differentiated majors were established: "Accounting and Finance" and "Accounting and Auditing".
From the academic 2015 - 2016 "Accounting and Finance" programme provides high quality training in two main groups of courses - finance and accounting. As a result, graduates receive an advanced theoretical and applied training which will help them in their career growth as managers, financiers, accountants, tax experts, internal and external auditors in enterprises both at home and abroad in state and municipal administration. An opportunity for training in English is to be provided under this programme.
Current training which the students of "Accounting and Finance" obtain during their education in the field of accounting, analysis and finance also allows successful career abroad, as well as continuing education in foreign universities in prestigious Master's programmes.
Graduates obtain a Bachelor degree in Economics, majoring in "Accounting and Finance".
Employability upon Graduation:
Graduates of "Accounting and Finance" major get the opportunity for a wide professional career at home and abroad - in trade and commerce, hotel and tourism, construction, transport, industry, agriculture, the budget sphere, pension expertise, social sphere, financial and control system, public sector, financial and credit sector (banks, financial brokerage organizations, insurance companies, etc.), ministries, central agencies and others. They can work as:
- accountants (including experts in financial statements with the right to sign them) in all sectors and activities;
- heads of financial and accounting departments;
- financial advisers and managers;
- experts and methodologists of accounting and tax and insurance supervision;
- financial control bodies (revenue authorities, customs control bodies, internal audit, control bodies of the Court of Auditors, etc.);
- specialists and consultants in Bulgarian and international accounting and auditing companies;
- managers and business owners;
- lecturers in economic subjects in secondary and higher education;
- can apply for the acquisition of capacity for "certified chartered accountant" and for doctoral students at universities and Bulgarian Academy of Sciences after obtaining a Master's degree.
Who is going to train you?
The "Accounting" Department is in charge of the student training. Known and well-established professors in the scientific and professional community with high erudition and training work at the Department.
Head of Department – Assoc. Prof. Slavi Genov, PhD
The rich library fund of the university and advanced equipment auditoriums meet the highest requirements of the organization and technology of the educational process in the field of accounting, auditing and financial accounting analysis, which makes the training of students in these fields fruitful and enjoyable.
Professional training carried out by the "Accounting" Department is not only prestigious, but also responsible. The Professors continue and develop the inherited academic traditions with great dignity. Based on their concern to maintain the high quality of the educational process, their experience and respect, the students get the opportunity to work as excellent experts not only on Bulgarian but also on foreign labour market.