Business Information Systems, Bachelor’s Degree
What is being taught?
The objective of this programme is to prepare specialists having the necessary basic knowledge of economics and a profound knowledge of information systems as an organization management tool for the effective use of information and communication technologies as a competitive advantage in business. Students acquire a thorough knowledge in economics and computer sciences and develop skills for its implementation.
Specialized knowledge is acquired in the following academic subjects:
- Introduction into Management;
- Theory of Accounting;
- Principles of Law;
- Company Economics;
- Computer Architectures;
- Operation Systems;
- Computer Networks and Communications;
- Information System Design;
- Algorhythms and Programming;
- Applied Programming;
- Information Systems Security Planning and Management;
- Web Technologies;
- Corporate Information Systems;
- IT Project Management;
- Software Business;
- Development Environments, etc.
Graduates are awarded a Bachelor's degree in Economics with a major in Business Information Systems.
Employment opportunities upon Graduation:
Graduates of this programme are trained experts with knowledge and skills to hold positions as:
- company management systems developers;
- system analysts;
- IT project managers;
- business analysts;
- specialists in launching, maintaining and developing information systems for end users;
- system administrators;
- customer service consultants;
- specialists in marketing and management of software and information products;
- Web developers and designers, etc.
The Department of "Computer Sciences" is in charge of the students’ training.
Head of Department – Assoc. Prof. Vladimir Salov, PhD
The maximum score for application in that Major is 24.
Subject tests you may take to apply for this programme:
- Geography of Bulgaria
- Bulgarian language and literature